This website ("Website") is operated by Insmed Limited, 207 Regent Street, London, England W1B 3HH ("Insmed" or "we" or "us") which is the controller of your personal data.
1. Personal data we collect
When you use the Website, certain Website functions, or directly contact us, we may collect your personal data from you, including:
- contact information, such as name, specialty, email address, postal address, phone number, and mobile number;
- your browser type and operating system;
- web pages that you view, and links that you click on, within the Website;
- standard server log personal data; and
- correspondence you send to us;
- personal data collected through cookies, web beacons, and similar technologies (please see below for details).
2. How we process and use the personal data that we collect
With your consent, we may use the personal data that we collect to send you e-mail communications, such as editorial updates, personal data about your account or changes to the Website. We also may send you relevant newsletters, announcements, promotional material, or requests to participate in Market Research.
We may use the personal data that we collect to fulfill your requests for information and services offered on the Website. We will inform you about any additional use of your personal data and obtain your consent if required by applicable law.
3. Personal data sharing
We value your privacy, and share personal data about our users only under certain circumstances. We will make personal data about you available to other companies, applications, or people in the circumstances listed below:
- We may share aggregated personal data or personal data that does not directly identify you with third parties to help us develop content, websites, and advertising that we hope you will find of interest. Please note that we do not share personal contact information with third parties that advertise on the Website.
- We may employ third parties to perform Website-related services, including database management, maintenance services, analytics, marketing, data processing, and email and text message distribution. These third parties have access to your personal data only to perform these tasks on our behalf and subject to the required contracts on data processing.
- We may share personal data about you to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding illegal activities, suspected fraud, situations involving potential threats to the physical safety or other rights and interests of any person, or if required by law, and in other circumstances in which we have a good faith belief that sharing is necessary. We want the Website to be a safe and friendly community.
- We may share personal data about you to respond to law enforcement authorities.
- In addition to the scenarios identified above, we may share personal data about you for any other purposes disclosed to you at the time we collect your personal data or pursuant to your consent.
4. Cookies and similar technologies
Some personal data is collected about you automatically through cookies and other technologies.
Cookies are small amounts of information stored in files within your computer's browser. Web sites can access only the cookies that they have stored on your computer.
- To help us recognize your browser as a previous visitor and save and remember any preferences that may have been set while your browser was using the Website;
- To help us customize the content you see when you use the Website; and
- To help measure and research the effectiveness of our interactive online content, features, advertisements, and other communications.
In order to learn more about how our Website is used, we aggregate and analyze the data that we collect. We may use this personal data, for example, to monitor and analyze use of the Website, to increase our Website's functionality, and to better tailor our content and design to suit our visitors' needs.
You can change your browser settings to reject all cookies, accept only certain cookies, or notify you when a cookie is set. Please note that you may need to renew these settings, if you delete your cookies after these preferences are made. These settings also may not apply, if you are using a different computer or internet browser. Some of the services may not work properly if you opt-out of cookies.
If you opt out of these technologies, you will continue to see advertising displayed on the Website, but the advertising may not be targeted to your interests.
5. Your rights and choices
In accordance with the law, you may at any time request to access, rectify, complete, update, block or delete your personal data, by contacting us at email@example.com.
6. Confidentiality and security
We limit access to personal data about you to employees or Website providers who we believe reasonably need to come into contact with that personal data to provide products or Websites to you or in order to do their jobs. All our employees engaged in processing personal data have been obligated to maintain confidentiality. We also have adopted technical, physical, and administrative procedures that are adequate to help protect personal data about you from loss, misuse, and alteration.
Please note that no data transmission or storage can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. We want you to feel confident using the Website, but we cannot warrant the security of any personal data you transmit to us. Even the largest enterprises of the world have been experiencing data vulnerabilities. We are committed to keep your information safe at all times.
7. Transfer of personal data outside of the EU
Your personal data may be stored on servers in the U.S. where a lower level of data protection than within the European Union applies.
9. Questions and suggestions
Effective Date: 10. March 2017